7. Known bugs and limitations¶
RH 1.5D is always evolving, and there are likely to be bugs and limitations. Please send all bug reports to tiago.pereira-at-astro.uio.no and they will be dealt with as time permits.
7.1. Current issues¶
- Check the github RH issues page for an updated list.
- If the
outputdirectories are not present, the code will crash. The error message is not very clear.
keyword.input, if one sets a
SNAPSHOTvalue to be more than what is in the atmosphere file, the code will stop with an error message:
Index exceeds dimension bound. This error should be made more clear.
- The atom files must not end with a blank line, otherwise
gencolwill fail and the program stops.
- Line buffered or full buffered log options still require the user to change the source code.
- Depth refinement fails in some cases due to problems caused by cubic interpolation artefacts.
- Using more than 4000 cores and writing full output may cause I/O slowdowns and Lustre contention in some systems.
7.2. Planned features¶
- Support for multiple snapshots in the output files.
- pool mode be more flexible, with the possibility of several overlord nodes, useful for running with more than 4000 processes.
- More flexible control of what output is written.